For this role you must be based in Europe or on Universal Time Coordinated UTC +/- 2 hours
Only CVs uploaded in .pdf form will be reviewed.
*At this time, we do not offer visa sponsorships, the candidates must be eligible to work where they currently reside.
We are looking for a mid-level Unity game system engineer. We would like you to take an active role in bringing our projects to life across various platforms with a high level of polish and an eye for performance. You will work within our technology group and closely with designers and other engineers, producing code to aid gameplay functionality.
- Reporting directly to the project lead engineer.
- Liaising closely with the design teams, production.
- Communicating engineering requirements and constraints to ensure project viability.
- Programming features to aid all aspects of the game project.
- Producing robust, prompt, stable, cross-platform and optimised coding solutions.
- Maintaining specialisation in Unity and C#.
- Documenting and communicating updates, new technologies and findings.
Skills & requirements
- Great communication skills with both technical and non-technical personnel.
- A professional, considerate, and encouraging team player.
- Experience with developing in Unity with at least 2 years working as a programmer in the video games industry.
- Substantial experience working in C# and object-oriented programming.
- Self-motivation and a proactive learner.
- Work well in a remote environment.
- Experienced in profiling and optimisation.
- You are a fan of CRPGs and role-playing games in general.
- You have previously shipped titles whilst in a similar role.
- You have experience developing on Sony, Microsoft and Nintendo platforms.
- You also have experience working with C++.
ZA/UM is a video game studio that in 2019 released the award-winning role-playing game Disco Elysium. We are based in the UK and Europe, we have offices in London, Porto, and Estonia. Our team is spread across a number of countries around the globe. Currently, the team is composed of over 90 writers, artists, developers and producers.
ZA/UM is committed to encouraging equality, diversity and inclusion among our workforce, and eliminating unlawful discrimination. The aim is for our workforce to be truly representative of all sections of society and our customers, and for each employee to feel respected and able to give their best. The organisation - in providing goods and/or services and/or facilities - is also committed against unlawful discrimination of customers or the public.